applications for 2012 are closed
The Crested Butte Farmers Market has fast become one of Crested Butte’s primary destinations during the summertime. Visitors and locals alike can find music, entertainment, sustainably grown local produce, pasture-raised and grass-finished meats, wild-caught fish, artisan cheese and breads as well as an assortment of hand-crafted art.
Sell Your Stuff at the Crested Butte Farmers Markets
Quick & Dirty Guide to Selling at CBFM
- Who we love: Applications are open to Farmers, Ranchers, Artisanal Food Producers, Concessionaires, Artists & Craftspersons.:
- 100-Mile Radius: All goods must be produced within a 100-mile radius of Crested Butte, as the crow flies.
- Food for Fees: We love to reward our agricultural producers, so keep your cash and trade fresh produce, meats, milks and cheeses for daily market fees. It keeps volunteers happy, the bellies of the underprivileged full and cash in your pocket.
- Limited Space: Space at the Crested Butte Farmers Market is very limited, apply early.
- Produce: Produce must be certified organic, certified naturally grown; however, if you adhere to these standards but do not currently hold certification, CBFM may make an exception after a field inspection.
- Animal Foods: Meats, milks and cheeses must be produced from grass-fed / pasture-raised animals, but are not required to be certified organic or certified naturally grown.
- Arts & Crafts: Arts, jewelry, crafts and other non-edibles can be sold, and space is even more limited for these items. You must design and construct any arts and crafts yourself.
- Read the full rules & regulations and eligibility requirements for selling at Crested Butte Farmers Market.
- Applications are CLOSED for 2012. You may contact us at email@example.com to be added to the waitlist for 2013.
Volunteer at the Crested Butte Farmers Market
Quick & Dirty Guide to Volunteering at CBFM
- Will work for food? Volunteers working four-hour shifts can take home a bag of fresh groceries at the end of the day.
- Work it: We accept volunteers who can help at the market itself – manning the information booth, manning the zero-waste station, assisting with set-up and break-down, running special events, organizing music and entertainment.
- Interested? Fill out an application and we’ll be in touch.